Webteam: March 2018
Thy Kingdom Come
What started in 2016 as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer; the Methodist Church of Britain has become a partner in the initiative. The World Methodist Council is also encouraging Methodists across the world to take part.
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who participates will deepen their friendship with Jesus, bring others to know Jesus or know him better, and come to know that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer.
Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray for more people to come to know Jesus.
The Circuit engaged in this exciting initiative from Ascension Day to Pentecost. 10th May-20th May.
This was a ten day prayer initiative and most Churches in the Circuit took part in some way. These may have been a whole Church activity or people praying at home or in small groups. It was a chance for each Church to have the opportunity to be creative in their approach to prayer.
Resources had been put together for each Church and there are still further exciting resources on the ...TKC Website
We encouraged each and every one of you to be involved in some way and. if possible, to invite other Churches to take part jointly in prayer. There is record of all the events that were organised around the Circuit — were YOU there?
- At Whitchurch Saturday 9.00 am Prayers in the Chapel — "the Crowd"
- At Princes Risborough on Saturday 12th May 8.00 am — Bacon Breakfast
- At Swanbourne on 13th May all were invited to Share in a Thy Kingdom Come service at 5pm.
- At Whitchurch on Monday 14th May at 5.00pm Prayers in the Chapel — "Disciples"
- At Thame a Week of Prayer with Ecumenical Partners
- At Whitchurch Every day prayers in the chapel following the Presidents Prayer diary ...click here
- At Aylesbury during the 10.30am service next Sunday, 13th May, people were given the
opportunity to write prayers and put them on a prayer 'tree'. This 'tree' has been up in the church all week for people to add their prayers,
Then on Tuesday 15th May we had a day of prayer:
7.30am Morning prayer
12.30pm Lunch time prayer
1.00pm Prayers around community centre
2.00pm 'Noticing' walk through the town
7.30pm Prayers for healing & wholeness.
You were invited to join in any part of the day, or if that was not convenient, to pray in your own way at home.
- At Wingrave 14th May in school gathering children's prayers
19th May 10.00 am Praying for young people at Church
- At Stewkley 17th May afternoon & evening (Sewing prayers????)
- At Chinnor on Friday afternoon 18 May. folk were welcome to drop in any time from 2.00 — 4.30 pm at their "Thy Kingdom Come" event and join them in:
1 Rear Hall: "Prayer for our Country";
2 Small Hall: Tea, coffee and cakes, where you'll find verses for reflection;
3 Church: Singing, with time to reflect and pray through the words of our Christian songs.
- At Stoke Mandeville also on the afternoon of the 18th. May from 3.00 pm the 'Guild Room' was open as a Prayer
Station for a time of Prayer and Meditation with some music, you could join in at any time. There was a cup of tea soon after 4.00 pm
- Aylesbury on 20th May a Pentecost Service at 6.00 pm celebrated all that has been achieved during the ten days.
You may also be interested in
A big thank you 74 times!Our Circuit Consultation on Wednesday evening at Stoke Mandeville was amazing. The atmosphere was predominantly positive and very encouraging. We almost achieved our objective of running out of chairs and the space to put them — it was wonderful — thank you so much to the seventy four (74!) people who turned up.The puddings were fantastic, the...
THE 2018 SONGS of PRAISE SERVICEThis year the Songs of Praise hymn service will be held at 6pm on July 22nd at Buckingham street.This year we will be featuring hymns written by Charles Wesley.There will be a main rehearsal for the augmented choir at 7.45 on Friday 20th July. There will also be rehearsals on Fridays, 22nd and 29th June and 13th of July, for those of you who...
Princes Risborough Methodist Church
Aylesbury Methodist Church
WINGRAVE METHODIST CHURCH